It’s the summer holidays and I’m in the mood for fun! This Easy Butterscotch Dip With Toffee Cookies is just what it says. Quick and easy to make, this is a fun, sweet treat. Perfect for feasting and sharing.
As much as I adore cooking and baking, my priority during the summer holidays is to spend time with our teenage children. I am well aware there are not that many summer holidays left where they’ll want to hang around as a family, so they come first.
That said, when we are all home, it can seem as if a swarm of locusts have gleaned the kitchen of anything edible in just a few days!!! Parents of teenagers will completely understand!
What I love when everyone is at home, is that we throw all the rules out of the window, for the whole summer. We all lay in, stay up late, the atmosphere is very chilled. Yes each person still has their ‘jobs’ to do for the day, so these get done first thing (that can be 11.30am – but they get done), so the rest of the day is free.
Friends drop by, we all go out together, or our three go out. So this recipe for Easy Butterscotch Dip With Toffee Cookies is perfect anytime, but especially now. It is so easy to make whilst you chat to unexpected visitors.
I pulled this whole dish together in less than 20 minutes!
Yep you heard right – 20 minutes!
Have I got your attention now???
The cookies are made using Wright’s Baking new Toffee Cookie Mix, except that I made the cookies smaller so we had 15 cookies instead of 8. If you haven’t tried this new mix it is a dream to make. 5 minutes prep. time, 10 minutes in the oven and you’ll have the whole neighbourhood wondering where the delicious baked Toffee Cookie smell is coming from.
Shut the windows if you don’t want a queue at the front door 😉
The dip takes 7 minutes. I kid you not.
Who remembers Angel Delight?
Oh yes, that is the Easy Butterscotch Dip my friends. With a few white chocolate curls decorating the top.
Told you it was easy!
That is why I love this Easy Butterscotch Dip With Toffee Cookies, it is a simple, straightforward, snack. That also tastes so good. I had two cookies for breakfast this morning, after the photo shoot. I had to literally move away from the Butterscotch Dip and avoid any spoons, else I’d have hidden down the bottom of the garden and scoffed the lot.
Angel Delight was and is popular for a reason. It tastes so utterly I-can’t-stop-myself good.
Recipe: Easy Butterscotch Dip With Toffee Cookies
1 packet Toffee Cookie Mix – from Wright’s Baking
25g Unsalted Butter plus water – see directions on the packet
1 packet Butterscotch Angel Delight
300ml Cold Milk – Whole or Semi Skimmed
Small bar of white chocolate
Method: Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan gas mark 4
- Line a large baking tray with a non stick silicone mat or baking parchment.
- Make up the Toffee Cookies according to the packet instructions.
- Form 15 smaller cookies (the mix calls for 8) from the cookie dough and place on the lined baking tray.
- Place the baking tray into the preheated oven and bake the Toffee Cookies for 10-12 minutes.
- The Toffee Cookies are baked when they are golden in colour and have a shiny, wrinkled surface.
- As soon as the cookies are baked remove from the oven and allow to cool completely on the tray. They will harden as they cool.
- Whilst the Toffee Cookies are cooking it’s easy to whip up the Angel Delight – literally.
- Add the milk to a bowl, add the Butterscotch Angel Delight and whisk according to the packet instructions.
- Pour the Butterscotch Angel Delight into a wide bowl and using a vegetable peeler, shave curls of white chocolate over the dip to make it look pretty!
- Place the Butterscotch Dip bowl in the centre of a large plate and surround with golden Toffee Cookies. Easy, see?
Serve immediately, or place the Butterscotch Dip in the fridge covered in cling and the cooled Toffee Cookies into an airtight container to store.
What a fantastic change from savoury dips!
Feasting really can be fun.
Thank you Deb for suggesting the idea. Deb the bread is Wright’s Baking point of contact. If you have questions about their mixes she is the lady to ask.
If you’ve enjoyed this fun Easy Butterscotch Dip With Toffee Cookies you may also like these:
Even if you do not have children, I find summertime to be the season when people seem to be more carefree. Lunch breaks turn into impromptu picnics, glasses clinking in pub gardens across the land, salad eaten with a cool glass of white wine in the evening out in the garden.
I love our changing seasons here in England and by the end of one I am ready for the next. This summer I intend to have as much fun as I can!