Hi, have I got a treat for you today – Extreme Chocolate Cookies. Also if you love cookies and need a chocolate fix then these babies are definitely for you!
I’ve been unwell lately, including a 2 week stay in hospital (I’ll save that for another post). Since having been home for 2-3 weeks now, today was the first day I really had the energy to bake. So, unashamedly I decided to make these Extreme Chocolate Cookies for our gorgeous children and my wonderful hubby, who has taken THE BEST care of me. I really do love that man.
I know that I’ve said it before, but baking or cooking for others, especially my family, is one of the ways I like to show my love for them. While chocolate is not my go-to favourite Cookie. Since I favour nutty, fruity, oat cookies. Yet I obviously had to try one of these and they are my favourite chocolate cookies to date!
Recipe : Makes 18 Extreme Chocolate Cookies
225g/8oz Unsalted Butter softened
150g/5oz Dark Soft Brown Sugar
1 Large Egg at room temperature
1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract – I use Nielsen-Massey
1/4 tsp Sea Salt -I use Maldon
225g/8oz Plain White Flour
50g/2oz Cocoa Powder – I use Callebaut
1/4 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
100g/4oz White Chocolate Chunks
150g/5oz Milk Chocolate Chunks
Preheat oven to 170C/150C fan, gas mark 3, 325F
Making the cookie dough
- First of all, in a large bowl add the butter, sugar and salt. Whisk until well combined and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and whisk until combined.
- Next, chop up the white and milk chocolate into chunks.
- Add the flour, cocoa, bicarbonate of soda and chocolate chunks to the bowl.
- Mix all of the ingredients together until just combined.
Shaping and baking the cookies
- Take approximately a tablespoon of mixture, roll into a ball shape and place onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Repeat until all the mixture is used.
- Wash your hands, they WILL look like you’ve been making mud pies! Now using your fingers squish the cookie balls, they will still spread a bit whilst cooking.
- Finally place the baking sheets in the oven and bake for 15-20 mins. I rotated my baking sheets halfway through the cooking process so that the cookies baked evenly. This is fine with cookies NOT cupcakes!
- As soon as the cookies are baked remove from the oven and allow the Extreme Chocolate Cookies to cool on the trays for 5 mins, then transfer the cookies to a cooling rack.
While the cookies cooled I sent the children a text (at school – rebel mummy!!!) and put the kettle on for a lovely cuppa!!
Finally I can’t tell you how good it feels knowing I’m getting back to being me. Sooo good.
If you have enjoyed this recipe for Extreme Chocolate Cookies you may also like these:
Bakery Style Soft Triple Chocolate Cookies
Sour Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies
Am I alone? Why do you bake? I’d love to hear what motivates you?
Whatever you are making, baking and creating in your kitchens, have fun preparing and sharing your feast.
No part of this post may be reproduced or replicated without the written permission of the owner. Please see my Disclosure Policy.
5 thoughts on “Extreme Chocolate Cookies”
I’m going to be thinking about these cookies all morning Sammie! Unlike you, chocolate is ALWAYS my go-to cookie. Thanks for the recipe – I’ll be sure to let you know when I make a batch. Great blog!
Thank you for your lovely comment Liz. I hope you enjoy the cookies when you make them!
These looks absolutely divine. My mouth is watering as I am typing this. I would love to try and make these, thanks for the recipe.
Thanks Kirsty. All 3 children have now given them the thumbs up! Let me know how they turn out if you give them a try? Sammie x