Franklins Fruity Summer Drink a delicious, refreshing drink packed full of fruit and flavour. Alcohol free this fun drink is perfect for picnics, parties, barbecues and summer gatherings! Summer is almost here. In fact a few days ago I was convinced it had arrived early, but the weather was just teasing us Brits! During the brief, sunny, warm spell I created a fantastically fruity, refreshing tipple bursting with Summer flavour. Have a glass of Franklins Fruity Summer Drink on me!
Bursting with flavour, Dandelion and Burdock gives this fabulous drink wonderful spicey base notes, lifted by the slightly sour Scicillian Lemon Tonic and sweetened by juicy, ripe, British strawberries.
Franklins Fruity Summer Drink is incredibly easy to make, using nothing more than fresh fruit and Franklin & Sons soft drinks.
Since you may recognise this drink as looking incredibly similar to a well known British summer tipple?
That was the idea! To create a non alcoholic version of a very traditional summer drink, associated with Wimbledon, picnics, summer parties and Polo matches, held across our beautiful, British Isles.
Franklins Fruity Summer Drink is perfect for those who want to have fun, yet cannot, or choose not to drink alcohol.
I love a glass of something wonderfully refreshing, clinking with ice and full of flavour, whilst sitting in the garden or attending a family barbecue on a hot, summery day.
Franklins Fruity Summer Drink is incredibly thirst quenching, delicious and so pretty to look at too!
While the addition of fresh mint is not used simply for garnish. It’s fresh, clean flavour works so well with the fruit and Franklin’s soft drinks combination, to lift this from a great summer drink to a must have Summer drink.
Make this once and you will have friends and family begging you for the recipe!
Whilst arranging a party with family and friends, no longer will it be –
“Who is bringing the beer, wine, and oh we should probably get something in for the drivers?” the first question on everyone’s lips will be –
“Who’s bringing the Franklin’s?”
Recipe: Makes approximately 1 litre Franklins Fruity Summer Drink
300g British Strawberries
1tbsp Caster Sugar
275 ml 1 x Franklin’s Bottle Dandelion and Burdock
600ml 3 x Franklin’s Sicilian Lemon Tonic
200ml 1 x Franklin’s Tonic Water
1 of each Lemon, Lime, Orange
Handful of Mint leaves – plus extra to garnish
Method: Making the Mocktail
- Hull and quarter the fresh strawberries and place in a bowl.
- Sprinkle over 1 tablespoon of caster sugar. Cover and allow to sit for at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours (if they are prepped earlier then cover the bowl in cling film and pop in the fridge for up to 8 hours).
- Note: Having made Franklins Fruit Summer Drink twice, I would suggest assembling the drink at least 15 minutes before serving. This gives the mint and fruits time to release their oils/juices and really give the drink a fuller flavour.
- Slice all of the citrus fruits, halving if very large.
- Slice the cucumber and cut each slice in half.
- Fill a large jug 1/4 full with ice cubes.
- Add half of the sliced citrus fruit, cucumber and strawberries to the jug.
- Pour in the bottle of Dandelion and Burdock, 2 bottles of Sicillian Lemon Tonic and Tonic Water.
- Stir with a long spoon (sundae spoons are great).
- Take a hanful of mint leaves and gently scrunch them up in your hand. This will help them to release their wonderful oils.
- Add the mint leaves to the jug and give a final stir.
- Top up with extra Sicilian Lemon Tonic, strawberries and citrus/cucumber slices, until the jug is almost completely full.
- We are going for a look of abundance here, this is a party in a jug after all!!!
- Allow the drink to sit for 15 minutes. If possible double up on the quantities and keep a ready made jug in the fridge
- To serve, pour the Franklins Fruity Summer Drink into tall, highball glasses, ensuring each glass receives a generous serving of fruit. Top each drink with a sprig of mint and serve with a smile 😉
I love sparkling water, with ice and a slice of lemon, yet I have become completely hooked on Franklins Fruity Summer Drink. I think it’s because it is not sickly sweet, like some soft drinks can be.
When I found out that Franklin & Son Ltd. made Dandelion and Burdock, THE drink of my childhood I was uncontrollably excited and yes it tastes just as good as it did back when I was a nipper!
Everyone who has tried Franklins Fruity Summer Drink has loved it and some have mistaken it for another well known, alcoholic summer drink! What is great about this drink, is that those who do not drink alcohol can still have a glass full of refreshing, thirst quenching liquid that will have the ‘drinkers’ begging for a taste.
I love the odd glass of champagne at special occasions, yet due to my medication, I really cannot drink alcohol, apart from the odd sip. Finally I have created a drink that allows me and others to party with the best, instead of sitting on the sidelines nursing a super sweet warm cola.
Franklins Fruity Summer Drink is THE drink of Summer 2016 and onwards.
Whatever your plans make sure you have a freezer full of ice, fresh fruit in the fridge and a case or two of Franklins soft drinks, ready to create the ultimate summer party in a glass!
Top Tip: If you are going on a picnic, place some plastic still water bottles in the freezer over night. Pack the sliced fruit and strawberries into plastic containers. Pack the frozen water bottles around the Franklin soft drink bottles. Pop some mint into a plastic jug with a lid and remember to pack plastic glasses. Assemble as above, pouring away (or drinking) any defrosted water and then using a heavy implement to break up the ice in the plastic bottles (cricket bats are good!).
You now have the drink of this Summer wherever you go – beach, park, woods, anywhere!
Here’s looking forward to a Summer filled with fun, feasting, family, friends and Franklins Fruity Summer Drink.
If you have enjoyed this recipe for Franklins Fruity Summer Drink you may also like these: